Support for Carers

A carer is anyone who looks after a family member or friend who has a disability, mental or physical illness, or addiction, or who needs extra help as they grow older. Carers can be children, young people or adults. The impact of caring on all aspects of a carer’s life can be significant. Caring without the right information and support can be tough.

All carers have a right to assessment and support. If you are a carer or you know someone in a caring role who is struggling, you can seek help. 

Adult Social Care can assess carers support needs. Carers can also have an assessment of their needs and a wide range of support provided by the Carers Trust in Hillingdon. 

Where a carer is struggling to meet the needs of the person they are caring for, it is important for the Local Authority to assess the care and support needs of the person they are caring for and to work together to find ways to help. 

Call Adult Social Care on 01895 556633 and ask for support. The council have information about carers support at

Call Carers Trust on 01895 811206 or visit their website