Welcome to the Hillingdon Safeguarding Adults Board Website
The Care Act 2014 requires each Local Authority to establish a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) in line with Section 43 of the Act. The Hillingdon SAB includes the local authority, the CCG and the police as core members, as required by Schedule 2 of the Act. Schedule 2 also requires these Board members to cooperate with each other in agreeing other members of the SAB, and in appointing an independent chair.
The role of the Board and its members is to:
- Lead the strategic development of safeguarding adults work in the borough of Hillingdon
- Agree resources for the delivery of the safeguarding strategic plan
- Monitor and ensure the effectiveness of the sub-groups in delivering their work programmes and partner agencies in discharging their safeguarding responsibilities
- Ensure that arrangements across partnership agencies in Hillingdon are effective in providing a net of safety for vulnerable adults
- Act as champions for safeguarding issues across their own organisations, partners and the wider community, including effective arrangements within their own organisations
- Ensure best practice is consistently employed to improve outcomes for vulnerable adults
Please be aware that the website is currently being updated and not all information is up to date at present.