The current subgroups, with an explanation of their aims and purpose, are:
Domestic Abuse Steering Executive (Virtual subgroup)
- The Domestic Abuse Steering Executive (DASE) is a subgroup of the Safer Hillingdon Partnership and is responsible on its behalf to ensure an effective, resilient and coordinated response to domestic abuse in Hillingdon Borough. In order to achieve this, the DASE has a number of supporting operational subgroups that are accountable for implementing all work streams and programmes of work contained within the Hillingdon Domestic Abuse Strategy 2017-2020. You can access more information about Hillingdon Domestic Abuse Services here: https://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/abuse
Joint Strategic Safeguarding Children and Adults from Trafficking (JSSAT)
- The multi-agency subgroup provides scrutiny and overview, as well aims to identify risk and best practice in safeguarding children and adults, who are deemed to be in need of support arriving at; and moving on from Heathrow Airport, whilst ensuring that risks are mitigated and managed. It promotes an effective relationship between Border Force, the London Borough of Hillingdon and further JSSAT partner agencies. Further, it reviews relevant policies and guidance to ensure these are up to date and properly disseminated amongst JSSAT member organisations.
Making Safeguarding Personal (MSP)
- The ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ subgroup leads on the strategic development of the Making Safeguarding Personal Agenda in Hillingdon. The group will ensure that Adult Safeguarding services are person-led and outcome focused through quality assuring existing practice and procedures and raising the profile of ‘Making Safeguarding Personal’ throughout safeguarding agencies.
- The ‘Modern Slavery subgroup’ supports practitioners across the Child- and Adult Safeguarding Partnership’s to recognise indicators of modern slavery and aims to provide the knowledge for practitioners, through a multi-agency protocol, to be able to employ the best suited referral pathways to assess and provide proportionate and timely support to potential victims of modern slavery, trafficking and exploitation.
Practice Development Forum
- The Practice Development Forum leads on the planning, delivery and quality assurance of training and service development across the Hillingdon Safeguarding Partnership. The aim of the Practice Development Forum is to ensure that high quality safeguarding training is provided across the adult and children’s workforce. It will also consider learning from a variety of sources and ensure that this is effectively disseminated throughout the multi-agency workforce to inform and support practitioners in the provision of effective safeguarding services to Hillingdon Residents.
Serious Case Panel
- The Serious Case Panel is a multi-agency senior officer group that has delegated responsibility from the Hillingdon Safeguarding Adults Board and Safeguarding Children Partnership to take referrals for statutory reviews for Safeguarding Adult Reviews and Child Safeguarding Practice Reviews, as well as local multi-agency learning reviews. The Panel will adopt a ‘think-family’ approach to safeguarding practice. Single and Multi-Agency Reviews will consider the impact of safeguarding services on all relevant family members using a systemic approach to establish learning.
Financial and Material Abuse
The aim of the ‘Financial and Material Abuse’ subgroup is to increase awareness of practitioners and the public to prevent this form of abuse. The Care Act 2014 defines financial abuse as having a) money or other property stolen, b) being defrauded, c) being put under pressure in relation to money or other property, and d) having money or other property misused.